This spring, hues have livened up! Not neon (yuck!), not pale pastels (yawn!), but juuuuuust right. Fuchsia, bright yellow, teal and aqua, green a bit lighter than kelly, and of course, old reliable – orange. I clipped a piece of this kate spade ad out of a magazine because I loved the colors of the windows so much, so I decided to pair it with some favorite bright finds from around the site.
OK all, I’m about a day and a half behind and a dollar short this week, but I was just looking over a bit of yellow, gray and white on an inspiration board and decided to play a little bit on polyvore. Are you polyvoring yet? It’s so much fun but be warned, it’s very addicting!
$1,399 – designpublic.com
$599 – designpublic.com
$90 – designpublic.com
$72 – designpublic.com
$28 – designpublic.com
Last week, Becky posted her yellow, white and gray inspiration board and mentioned that we’re both big fans of the color palette. Here’s my follow-up inspiration board to show you how to get the look with products found here on Design Public!
Flowie Twig Pillow – Yellow and Black, $68
Sanford Burrows Riverbed Saffron Embroidered Duvet Cover and Shams, from $148
Harry Allen My Brothers Mirror – White, $188
Lights Up! CanCan Mini Table Lamp – White Linen Shade, $60
Blu Dot Nook Bed, from $1,199
Unison Solid White Bamboo Cotton Sheet Set, from $98
Blu Dot Wonder Wall 2 Drawer Cabinet – Ivory, $699
Vers 1.5R iPod Alarm Clock Sound System – Piano White, $219
Flowie Lydia Pillow – Yellow and Black, $68
Last week, Becky posted an awesome primary colors inspiration board. I wanted to follow up and create an inspiration board with the same theme using products found here on Design Public. Here’s what I came up with!
1) A peep into the new Ace Hotel in New York City via Gothamist:
2) Cheery Color Therapy for Depressed Times over at It’s All So Lovely:
3) One of my favorite blogs is VisuaLingual. I’m not sure how I found it; I think I was checking out Cincy stuff because I grew up there and love the city. She finds the coolest things like this (Dispatchwork by Jan Vormann):
…and this Charley Harper Mural in Cincinnati I never knew about in the eleven years I lived there:
For more great photos of this mural, check out VisuaLingual.
4) Yellow makes me SO happy! Elements of Style has a great collection of yellow images and goods right here:
I did a post of yellow with black and white awhile back. It’s right here.
5) Spaceinvading. I am HOOKED!
1) Ace Hotel photos by Katie Sokoler for Gothamist
2) from Living Etc. via It’s All So Lovely
4) via Elements of Style. I think this photo was originally from Cottage Living.
5) Image © jamesapallister. Building is Arevalo Studio by Mole Architects via Spaceinvading.
6) via Apartment Therapy