Santa brought me a creature from the deep blue sea this year, and yesterday I gave my bathroom a great makeover in about 20 minutes (hanging a shower curtain is a real pain; I highly recommend dragging out the stepladder for this task or your arms will feel like they are going to fall off by the time you are done!).
Whoopsie, looks like I need to paint the side of the door black (see right side of photo above). Isn’t it funny how you don’t notice these things in person but they show up in a photo? Looks like I could have moved the toilet brush and the bathroom scale to style this a little better. Oh well, at least I remembered to put the toilet seat down!
Santa also brought me some tea towels, which I’ve decided to use as bathroom hand towels. My bathroom doesn’t have a towel bar, and I’m not crazy about them, so I used over-the-door hooks instead.
I’m not too big on too much matchy-matchy, so I’ll probably move the lacquer box to another room, but I thought I’d try out being matchy-matchy for a few weeks and see if it sticks! This box is great for stashing all of my everyday makeup in one place.
Everyone has a friend or relative that’s… ‘special’.
I know you know what I’m talking about.
They’re fun to be around but a pain to shop for.
Here are 5 quirky gifts ideas for the eccentric in your life:
1. Give them a pet that can’t die. Thomas Paul Goldfish Linen Pillow, $94.
2. A robot that doesn’t require batteries. David Weeks Cubebot, starting at $25.
3. It glows in the dark. Hybrid-Home Limited Edition Print, starting at $40.
4. For the cat lady. Elizabeth Paige Smith Kittypod Mini Standard, $98.
5. For those who like gags. Heather Lins Home 3-D Eye Chart Pillow, $95.
The hardest people to shop for during the holidays are those who have everything.
Get them something that accessorizes items they already own and love.
Here are 6 holiday gift ideas for those who have everything and enjoy living the bohemian lifestyle.
1. Jonas Damon Tool Set , $95.
3. Thomas Paul Orinthology Scarf, $120.
4. Singgih Kartono Magno Wooden Radio, starting at $150.
5. Vers Iphone Shell Case, $40.
6. FUZ bags, starting at $39.