If you’re not going anywhere this weekend, it’s a great time to summer-fy your place. Or for those of you lucky enough to have a cottage or a summer share it’s the prime weekend to open it up and give it a zshush. Here are 10 favorite products that will help you get ready for summer.
1. Lobstahs! Go for that overt sea creature theme, because now is the time. A favorite lobster accessory of mine is the Thomas Paul Lobster Sketch Pillow.
2. Candlelight. Get ready for some outdoor candlelight. The usual tealight holders won’t keep the breeze from blowing out your flames. Add color and cute little perforated designs to your moody candlelight with notNeutral Hurricanes (set of 2).
3. Be picnic-ready. The Fatboy Picnic Lounge has plenty of room for your entire picnic party and comes with four pins to keep it grounded and a brush to keep it sand-free.
4. Embrace the BBQ, and take it wherever you go. The RS Barcelona Mon Oncle BBQ is portable, has retro style and you tote it down to the beach in a cool little briefcase. This makes it a cool little accessory when it’s stashed in the house, not in use. you won’t want to hide it in a garage like those other grills.
5. Add some summery art. I love to switch up my color scheme in the summer. One key work of art can inspire all of your choices. The pastels and bright greens in this oil painting by Ginger Marshall will make the room feel instantly airier.
6. Accessorize your mojito. Hot days call for cool cocktails. Jazz them up with these playful patterns from See Design.
7. Have the lemonade or sweet tea chillin’. Also, you must have a pitcher of iced tea at the ready at all times. Them’s the rules. The ittala Aino Aalto Pitcher is a mid-century classic, and seeing it every time you open up the refrigerator will make you happy.
9. Swap in cotton for wool. Lighter brighter rugs will remind your bare feet it’s summer. This is the Blu Dot Bravo Rug in Orange.
10. Hang a summery shower curtain. This is the easiest and least expensive way to give your bathroom what will feel like a total makeover. Thomas Paul has everything from the squid to the whale on his sea-inspired shower curtains, but I find this pair of seahorses too cute to resist.
What’s your favorite summer design move? Please share it with us in the comments section.