Summer is the best time to spend evenings outdoors. But chances are, the spotlights on the side of your house don’t exactly give the best ambiance, and you don’t have enough lightening bugs to keep things bright enough. Here are eight unique choices to improve your outdoor lighting scheme this summer.
1. Firelight. The Blomus Orchos Gel Garden Torch. This sleek stainless steel and wood torch will add just the right amount of FIRELIGHT to your party, at a height of 60 inches. We’ve carefully curated a handful of other contemporary torches at Design Public.
2. Pot lights. OFFI Conic Pots. These amazing planters pull double-duty at night; a low-voltage lamp will illuminate a modern glow at your get-together.
3. Lights Up! The Beach Outdoor Floor Lamp. Bring it right out to wherever the cord can reach; this floor lamp looks like it belongs in the living room but it is IP54 rated for all-weather use.
4. Garden lights. Seletti Bellavista Garden LED Lights (set of 10) can wrap a trellis, drop from an arbor or dangle from the trees like magic. They come with either a white or black cord, your choice.
5. A ship’s lamp. The Stelton Ship’s Lamp This is no ordinary ship’s lamp, however. This is the ship’s lamp to end all other ship’s lamps. Erik Magnussen’s sleek cylindrical design keeps the wind at bay, and the minimalist design means it fits in anywhere and everywhere — I’m talking the ground. I’m talking on the table. I’m talking hung from above. If you’re not quite ready for it, it does come in a smaller size.
6. Drum lights. Cane-Line Drum Outdoor Lamps are simple cylinders that emit soft light in the shape of a drum. The proportions of these lamps are just right — cylinders that are 15.75 inches high and 9.8 inches in diameter.
7. A Candle on a Pole. That’s right. We could’t keep the candle off the pole. For those of you who don’t like to mess with newfangled gels and other flammables, I totally get it. So go old school. The blomus Atmo Candle Holder with Pole is for people like us.
8. Lanterns. Here’s another one for those of us who prefer lighting that requires a wick and a match. The Skargaarden Marstrand Candle Lantern is a simple hurricane that keeps the wind away, wrapped in a rich leather that adds a textural touch.
Of course if you prefer something more minimalist and not one bit fussy, we have plenty of lanterns and hurricanes for you to choose from.