Today is one of my favorite days of the year. Well, it starts off that way anyway, when I bound out of bed “early” and feel proud that I’m so bright eyed and bushytailed at what would otherwise be considered an ungodly hour. Anyway, even though I just ate lunch and it will probably be dark soon, I feel like I have an extra hour in my morning, and it tends to last all week. How will you use your extra hour? Here are a few suggestions, lots of which are selfish (you’ve earned it, and this is your Me Time) and I hope you will add yours in the Comments section:
1) Sleep an extra hour.
2) Finally order up that On Demand yoga program and start your morning off with some Namaste.
3) Treat yourself to an hour of reading. Whether you havent’ had time to get to that Entertainment Weekly or just want to get past the seemingly endless description of Moby Dick’s tail once and for all, use a little time to loll around and read.
4) If TV is more your bag, clear out a little DVR space by catching up on one of this season’s new shows, like Nashville or Revolution. By the way, have you been watching Revolution? Interesting premise. I loved this post-lights-out cul-de-sac. Would it really go to crap this fast after 15 years? Would the Prius (bottom right corner) really rust that quickly? Who cares, it’s a fun premise:
5) If giving up the internet is your worst nightmare, take an hour to have some fun on it – no work emails allowed. Play Bejeweled Blitz for an hour. Email your Mom back. Add to your Wish Lists on your favorite retail sites. Catch up on your favorite blogs.
6) Call up a friend and meet for breakfast, or splurge on a New York Times to enjoy your favorite breakfast joint solo.
7) Take a walk. Or better yet, a bubble bath … with the reading materials. Or both – after all, you have a whole hour.
If you wish to be more productive, do an hour clean out – you can whip a junk drawer, your dresser, part of your closet, a few kitchen cabinets, the linen closet or the coat closet into shape. Carry around a donation box and drop that sucker off on the way to work in the morning.
9) Get started on your holiday cards. Use this time to get the envelopes stamped and addressed first so you can whip out a handful a day and send them off.
10) Make your grocery store run now, so you don’t have to do it after work in the dark.
Are you doing anything with your extra fall back morning hour this week? If so, please share it with us!