Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 Warning: This contains some gory and scary stuff!

Extreme Halloween Decor

6 Comments » | Published in Holidays  |  6 Comments

This weekend I was heading over to take a walk on the newly paved Atlanta Beltline in Inman Park and passed by this insane Zombie house in the Old Fourth Ward. I stopped dead in my tracks, part scared, part in awe:

The way they were positioned, I felt I could practically see them staggering. Is this an homage to a famous scene in a zombie movie? Is the homeowner in charge of makeup or special effects for The Walking Dead (filmed here in A-town)? No one was around to ask, but I was seriously impressed.

The costumes were rather remarkable as well – they clothes are ragged, dirty, and not exactly stylin’.

I really don’t know what that gross red guy is about – some sort of tribute to Vlad the Impaler? The cast of  The Vampire Diaries only live a hop skip and a jump from this house, but this looked gorier than that show ever gets.

Where does one acquire all of these parts? The irony is, this is such a contemporary, unadorned, streamlined minimalist house; I imagine they have way more things in the front yard right now than they do in the entire interior!

I don’t think there’s any way I could go knock in this door if I were a trick-or-treater – could you?

How nuts do you go with the Halloween decorations? I have to admit I don’t even have a pumpkin going on at the moment. Do you have any houses in your neighborhood that can compare to this one? Let us know in the comments section!

Filed under Holidays  |  6 Comments

1. Alex says:

October 24th, 2012 at 8:36 am (#)

Thanks for the write up! We have been in the house for a little over 4yrs now. We started off with 3 zombie and only had 35 trick or treaters. Each year we have added a little to it and with each new addition we have increased our turn out. Last year we peaked at over 230 trick or treaters. This year we will have a total of 11 full sized zombies.

2. Marina Klima says:

October 26th, 2012 at 12:06 am (#)

Very timely that you created this share! I just love the walkers all over the place. The front lawn is amazing, very creepy! When people walks up to the front door, they’ll have a thrill of their lives. Very amazing stuff here. I think a lot of people are into this too. I love it. Brings out the kids in us!

October 30th, 2012 at 11:53 am (#)

Alex, I am so psyched to hear from you – that is really cool to hear about how many people are making the trek to your house to brave the zombies! I’m taking my parents over to see your house later today because they are visiting and want to see it up close – if you see a filthy dirty blue Audi full of people stopping and staring, that will be us ;). I was sure you must work for The Walking Dead!

4. Interior Design Calgary says:

November 7th, 2012 at 1:39 am (#)

Wow, that’s awesome! However I wouldn’t fancy bumping into it that late at night if I wasn’t expecting it!

5. Britney says:

September 5th, 2013 at 2:14 am (#)

Will this be going on this year too? Where is the house? Btw this Is amazing!

September 9th, 2013 at 6:35 pm (#)

Britney, Atlanta – I think it was on the same street as Tribute Lofts, the name of which is escaping me, but the next one down Boulevard heading south from Freedom Parkway. If you’re doing a Beltline walk you can veer off on PATH along Freedom Parkway and wind up really near it.

Ah, John Wesley Dobbs? I think that’s where it was! We’ll have to wait and see if they do it again.