Wednesday, February 1st, 2012

How Do You Keep Up With Your Favorite Blogs?

9 Comments » | Published in Design Press, Get Organized, Other Blogs  |  9 Comments

image via decor8‘s (partial) blogroll

Hey All! I’m still trying to get organized, all over the place. In this case, on the web. I’ve been HORRIBLE about keeping up with my favorite blogs lately. How do you do it without becoming overwhelmed? I used some sort of reader for awhile but then I had so many hundreds of posts I had yet to read that I abandoned it; I can’t even remember which on it was!

Often I’ll just head to a favorite blog and catch up on a month’s worth of posts when I have some free time. This is not a great system though, because then I’ll forget the names of some of the blogs I love. The reader always helped me remember.

Please help me out and let me know how you keep organized and up to date with your blog reading in the comments section, and if possible, leave a link. Thanks!

1. Sally says:

February 1st, 2012 at 11:04 am (#)

I use Google Reader for my laptop and Reeder for my iPad (uses my Google Reader account but it’s a prettier format).

2. Jennifer says:

February 1st, 2012 at 11:32 am (#)

I use bloglovin.com – love it!

3. Jessica from The Paper Plume says:

February 1st, 2012 at 12:40 pm (#)

A great Google Reader on my iPhone and BlogLovin. I love one email that gives me visual snippets.

February 1st, 2012 at 3:15 pm (#)

OK Gals, I am signed up for bloglovin. In the time it took me to speed-peruse through the blogs it was suggesting, 86 unread posts popped up.

So, do you have to mark every single one you’ve read as “mark as read” to make it realize you’ve read it? Or is there a bulk shortcut?

This is so much fun, thank you guys so much!

5. Katie B says:

February 1st, 2012 at 7:29 pm (#)

I use Google Reader and organize blogs by subject in folders. I have folders for crafting companies design teams, themes – card, scrapbooking, food, decorating. Sometimes I just don’t have the time and energy to look at them all and have begun clicking Mark All As Read once I’m in a folder.

6. Diane Adame says:

February 2nd, 2012 at 8:37 am (#)

I use blogLovun as well and I also have some of my fav blogs on the right side of my blog. That’s how I seen your post! You’re one of my favs!

HUGS

7. Diane Adame says:

February 2nd, 2012 at 8:37 am (#)

oops bloglovin*

8. Jennifer says:

February 4th, 2012 at 11:58 am (#)

This is very unsophisticated and very non-techie, but when I find a blog I like I add a link to the main page to a folder in my favorites entitled Blog Favorites Level I, Level II or Level II. Level I are those I absolutely have to read or my day isnt complete :) , II those I like but dont mind catching up with on another day and III being those I want to check out if ever I have the time. Then, I just click on the link when I am ready to read or catch up. I dont use a reader or feeder because I just so enjoy going directly to the site.

February 9th, 2012 at 8:12 am (#)

Thank you guys so much, it’s been about a week and a half and I feel so caught up on some of my favorite blogs, not just home design, but fashion, and the ones that just crack me up. I have been spending more time reading blogs, but I’ve been doing so much more efficiently and without feeling like I’m missing out on posts and will be helpless to catch up!