So today I feel like I really accomplished something. First and foremost, I actually used a Groupon I’d purchased before it expired, which is a rare event for me. Second, that meant making an appointment with Atlanta Air Experts to have my dryer vent cleaned out. It was only $65, a small price to pay compared to how much a fire could cost in money, damage, and injury! It took about ten minutes and the guys were friendly and professional. It’s going to make my dryer more energy efficient, and more importantly, prevent a lint buildup fire. This video is kind of scary:
Speaking of fire, don’t use a plastic dryer hose. If you have one, have it replaced with a metal hose. Also, do not leave the dryer running when you are not at home.
To check on your vent yourself, run the dryer and then go outside to the vent. Put your hand underneath to feel if there is a strong, steady stream of air. To be on the safe side, have your dryer vent professionally cleaned once a year.
Hi, I'm Becky. I live in Atlanta. Besides acting as the "Editorial Director" here on Hatch, you can find me spewing lots of design opinions and tips over at Houzz. Make me happy -- leave a comment!