Thursday, June 2nd, 2011

Million Dollar Decorators, Did You Watch?

7 Comments » | Published in Design TV  |  7 Comments

I am a day behind on my DVR and just got around to watching Million Dollar Decorators on Bravo. I really don’t have anything snarky to say, like I usually do with Bravo shows. I liked everyone. I loved their style. I found the Sharon Osborne 3-days-to-get-the-apartment-ready scenario very contrived, but it was still fun to watch, and to see a project go from start to finish in one episode. Martyn Lawrence Bullard’s voice is simply fabulous and paired with his accent, totally cracks me up. Kathryn Ireland is someone I’d love to have a margarita with (provided her son didn’t make it a sneezer), Mary McDonald is fabulous as all get out, and I feel like I didn’t get to know Nathan or Jeffrey that well yet, but I love their style. While the Osborne apartment was a little bit of a yawn, all of these designers know how to mix and match unexpected colors, patterns, textures, pieces and finishes in unique ways, in fact, all of them are masters at it.

My notes are a boring as hell, but what the heck, often when blogging about shows I share them anyway. Perhaps it’s because I hadn’t had any wine when I was jotting them down! But enough about me, what did you think of the show? Will you continue to watch it each week?

photo one from bravotv.com

Filed under Design TV  |  7 Comments

1. hospital interior design says:

June 2nd, 2011 at 8:44 am (#)

I watched…I love Bravo shows!!! I was a little dissapointed with this show, I thought they all came across a little arrogant. It even made me wonder how many of their accents were real. I couldn’t believe Mary McDonalds reaction when her client told her she was getting divorced and selling the house she designed for them, she actually told her client she thought she was going to tell her something terrible like she had no money. Awful….but I am sure I will watching to see how it plays out.

June 2nd, 2011 at 10:23 am (#)

I know, that seemed so Hollywood to me. Like a divorce is just another Tuesday afternoon!

3. Joyce Ackley says:

June 4th, 2011 at 2:01 pm (#)

It was fun to watch the decorators at work and at home and to see the high-end de$ign$ they created. I thought some of them were a bit arrogant. I couldn’t help but notce how Martyn Lawrence Bullard would speak to the painters and the workers while they were getting Sharon Osborne’s apartment ready. Martyn would say, “Get out,” in a holier-than-thou, hateful tone. If it hadn’t been for the painters and the other workers, he would not have been able to get the decorating done.

4. Million Dollar Decorators, Did You Watch? « blocks and dots says:

June 9th, 2011 at 8:11 pm (#)

[...] Source: http://blog.designpublic.com/2011/06/02/million-dollar-decorators-%e2%80%93-did-you-watch/ [...]

5. janice weinstein says:

June 11th, 2011 at 2:29 am (#)

People want to see decorating,they are not interested in what the decorators did for their birthday, everyone I talked to was totally turned off. Personally I had to shut it off!!

6. Penelope says:

June 28th, 2011 at 6:36 pm (#)

Well, let me tell YOU~! I got really irritated with the cute boy who is extremely nasty and arrogant; however, I am getting to love Martin Lawrence Bullard’s accent…so droll!

I have always adored Nathan Turner, Katherine Ireland is cute, and Mary Mc Donald, although not in my line of design, is extremely good!

They have taught me a lot in a short period of time. It’s not money, it’s confidence and assurance that what you are doing it aesthetically pleasing and livable. Katherine Ireland’s client was nasty and insecure since she bullied the designer and didn’t get the look she could have. Mary is my hero because she won’t take anything!

7. Jack says:

December 13th, 2012 at 4:10 pm (#)

Martyn’s accent is a total fake!!! He is completely acting.