Well, it’s steamy as Hades and our bulb plants are long gone, but I know a lot of you who have been buried in snow for months are finally seeing some tulips and daffodils! This morning the Vera Company posted this picture on Facebook*
It’s time to embrace color and bright greens, in your wardrobe and your home. For a quick home makeover, do a few quick and cheap things:
1) Switch out your living room throw pillow covers for a new color scheme. Maybe even through a white slipcover over your sofa.
2) Change your duvet cover for something more fresh and springy. Take those heavy blankets and quilts to the cleaners and then stow them for the next six months.
3) Treat yourself to some new and vibrant placemats and/or a tablecloth. Gather up a few fresh blooms and put them in your favorite vases or mason jars and pop them around the house.
4) Hit the nursery and make sure all the seeds you need for your edible garden. Depending on where you live, you may want to plant them this week!
5) Spring cleaning is a deep cleaning but for now, just get organized. Gather your supplies and clean out the spot where you keep said supplies. Throw your rags and cloths in a cute bucket and organize your cleaners (i.e. do you have three bottles of window cleaner with 2″ left in each? Then combine bottle). Once you are done with this stuff, you can really get buy on vinegar, water, and baking soda for most of your cleaning news!
- photo by Flickr member coanri
*I swear I have wound up following the most random stuff on Facebook, which I am sure Big Brother is collecting in to work on my FBI profile while marketing companies pay big bucks to see so they can bombard me with ads down the side for crap like “Join Kim Kardashian’s Shoe Society” – is that last one because once I jokingly put “Becky is keeping up with the Kardashians” as my status? I wonder if they realize half of it is because someone suggested I like their page and I thought “why not make them feel good”? Facebook is freaky. But I digress.