Tuesday, March 8th, 2011

Environmental Tuesday: Restyling

5 Comments » | Published in Green Design, Hollywood Regency  |  5 Comments

While a a few of us would have recognized this yucko chair as totally tubular in its bones, one look at that gross upholstery that was dragging it down may have sent us straight to the curb with it.

I don’t know if I ever could have imagined it looking as fabulous as Jordan Cappella made it though! Check out what a few zigs and zags can do:

Check out the full post here, and the rest of Jordan’s blog to see what he did with another vintage chair and a yard or two of Trina Turk fabric! Oh, and by they way, the framed wallpaper was leftover from a design he did for a client. Waste not, want not! He had Home Depot match paint to the background color of the wallpaper and used it to paint the walls, Brilliant!

1. emily says:

March 8th, 2011 at 2:19 pm (#)

These look great! Now I wish I hadn’t gotten rid of my 80′s kitchen table and chairs! I had these exact chairs, and always wanted to recover them with some classy fabric. Had to give the set away for our move to SF. Maybe we’ll come across them again someday.

2. Jordan Cappella says:

March 8th, 2011 at 10:41 pm (#)

I have been on a total Chrome and brass trip for the past year!

3. Zenah@ModernHomeFurniture says:

March 8th, 2011 at 11:41 pm (#)

Nice chair. Its so relaxing. I want to have that style for my modern home furniture collections.

March 9th, 2011 at 12:14 pm (#)

I can’t believe that brass and gold are back, or that I am digging them so much. I guess enough time has passed! I give Kelly Wearstler credit for it with all of that Bravura Modern/ 80s inspired stuff.

5. Steve @ eRoomService says:

March 11th, 2011 at 4:00 pm (#)

Yeah, that first picture actually made me want to vomit. It made me think about the texture and all the stuff that was trapped in it over the years. UGH. I’m gagging thinking about it again. Reupholster everything. Obviously, it looks much better after.