Tuesday, January 11th, 2011

A Quick Way to Spruce Up Your Bathroom

9 Comments » | Published in Bathrooms, Customer Profiles  |  9 Comments

Santa brought me a creature from the deep blue sea this year, and yesterday I gave my bathroom a great makeover in about 20 minutes (hanging a shower curtain is a real pain; I highly recommend dragging out the stepladder for this task or your arms will feel like they are going to fall off by the time you are done!).

Whoopsie, looks like I need to paint the side of the door black (see right side of photo above). Isn’t it funny how you don’t notice these things in person but they show up in a photo? Looks like I could have moved the toilet brush and the bathroom scale to style this a little better. Oh well, at least I remembered to put the toilet seat down!

Santa also brought me some tea towels, which I’ve decided to use as bathroom hand towels. My bathroom doesn’t have a towel bar, and I’m not crazy about them, so I used over-the-door hooks instead.

I’m not too big on too much matchy-matchy, so I’ll probably move the lacquer box to another room, but I thought I’d try out being matchy-matchy for a few weeks and see if it sticks! This box is great for stashing all of my everyday makeup in one place.

1. Ali says:

January 11th, 2011 at 3:36 pm (#)

Yes indeed this looks awesome. Now I want one even more than I did before!

2. Kevin says:

January 12th, 2011 at 9:41 pm (#)

That shower curtain is AWESOME! I saw something similar posted on aliceindesignland.com recently.

3. Galvin says:

January 13th, 2011 at 1:12 pm (#)

I love the makeover… What a nice job, and the photos look great!

4. Veronica says:

January 13th, 2011 at 2:25 pm (#)

I bought the curtain for my bathroom redo and I absolutely love it.

5. Sugar says:

January 13th, 2011 at 5:30 pm (#)

Love the new shower curtain. It would look awesome in our black, white, yellow bathroom too!! I’ll have to save some pennies for this upgrade.

6. Mark says:

January 13th, 2011 at 6:31 pm (#)

The curtain is VERY striking. I love it. I saw something similar http://www.aliceindesignland.com in a house tour.

7. Bobby J says:

January 18th, 2011 at 2:19 pm (#)

Who’s the douchebag who keeps posting to links to aliceinlameland? Get lost!

8. Shutters Perth says:

February 16th, 2011 at 5:27 am (#)

We got a shower curtain made of woven teflon which can leak if you let it bag outside the shower but it works great for its designed purpose. No outgassing and we used it to replace the sliding glass doors so no cleaning/scrubbing either. Just toss it into the washing machine now and again and it is good as new.

9. Stay Tuned for Fun, Modern Holiday Gift Guides | Hatch: The Design Public® Blog says:

November 12th, 2011 at 12:19 pm (#)

[...] creative wheels turning: Well first off, I can whole-heartedly endorse this product because it was given to me as a gift and I was gob-smacked. It’s the Thomas Paul Octopus Shower Curtain. It’s perfect for [...]