Friday, November 5th, 2010

Flickr Faves on Fridays

5 Comments » | Published in Flickr  |  5 Comments

Oh I am having a lot of trouble narrowing down my picks for today’s flickr fave. I caught up with our Fresh New Spaces group earlier this week and my finger is sprained from hitting “Add to Faves” so many times. Thanks to everyone who is adding their photos to the pool, it gave me a ton of inspiration on a yucky rainy day when I thought I was burnt out on design!

While I had trouble picking, I realized I was in awe of flickr member uydurrukcu’s eye. I was hitting “add to faves” over and over again, which sent me to her Profile and on to her blog. Posting from Turkey, she is great at finding fresh spaces, bathed in white with clever graphics and mixes of vintage, antique, modern and a bit of IKEA thrown in. Here’s a sample of some of the images she’s posted to our group lately:

all images from uydurrukcu’s flickr photostream

Filed under Flickr  |  5 Comments

1. uydurrukcu says:

November 5th, 2010 at 12:41 pm (#)

hi Becky,

ohh thank you very much share my blog and my photos.

I share other photos my other blog decophotoblog.blogspot.com

2. Emily says:

November 5th, 2010 at 3:19 pm (#)

1. Oh wow.

2. White is so hard. I never seem to be able to get my whites this white. Hoping spending more time in Lightroom soonish will lend me a hand – but it’s like white paint. What looks like white on my screen might not look like white on yours. But these are undeniably white. I’m impressed.

3. Aimee says:

November 7th, 2010 at 10:55 am (#)

Wow!! I really love all the images, I can see why it was hard to pick a favorite. The wallpaper in the first image is gorgeous (the dining room). I also really like the idea of hanging a roll of paper down the wall like that. I have a small wall that I want to wallpaper, now I am going to have to see if I can just find a roll wide enough to do what is shown in this photo instead! :)

4. Patrick says:

November 8th, 2010 at 8:53 am (#)

Really pretty work. I love that dining room paper too. She nailed the brown tones of the wood and the paper colors.

Aimee I think that’s a weighted fabric panel about the width of a wallpaper roll … it’s got a wood slat woven into a hem at the bottom.

5. liza says:

November 9th, 2010 at 5:28 am (#)

Wow. These are great!