Thursday, October 7th, 2010

Most Awesomely Bad Sculpture Ever

9 Comments » | Published in Art and Artists  |  9 Comments

O.M.G. I received this special People magazine extra thing in the mail the other day called “Stars at Home.” I flipped through it and was pretty bored, until I came to the last page. There I spied the most magnificently horrendous home accessory I’ve ever seen. I wish they sold this at Cost Plus World Market or something, because I think I would give it as a wedding gift at every wedding where someone has made me wear a bridesmaid’s dress. It’s the Michael Bolton (long flowing locks version) bust. I can see this in a dining room next to busts of Beethoven, Bach, and Weird Al Yankovic.  Can you imagine two massive versions of these flanking a front door? I mean, he has the same mane as a lion. Forget Foo Dogs – every time I look at this I think about the Michael Bolton in Office Space and what he called other Michael Bolton, which is not fit to print.

Seriously, let’s get a closer look at that puppy:

• picture from People

Filed under Art and Artists  |  9 Comments

1. dawn says:

October 7th, 2010 at 5:11 am (#)

You totally missed the Paris HIlton portrait with her legs tucked up like playboy bunny and her hands in her crotch? How tacky is that?

October 7th, 2010 at 9:54 am (#)

Oh that’s just a given for Paris. I mean, she has to get caught with cocaine and pretend it’s gum just to get back in the magazines! If I had to choose the second most hilarious thing on this page, it’s definitely the Macy Gray sculpture. But the Michael Bolton one is just so darn funny – it’s bolt-tastic.

3. Emily says:

October 7th, 2010 at 10:20 am (#)

Oh wow. All of these are horrendous. But to be Michael Bolton, and think that the locks are bust-worthy…the level of self-awareness is just so low, it’s unbelievable.

I would be freaked out to have any version of me staring back at me in my home…even a solo portrait is tacky to me, unless you’re a model or a queen.

October 7th, 2010 at 10:32 am (#)

The only one I would like, that I’m pretty sure exists, is a big Warholian thing of Liza!

5. visualingual says:

October 7th, 2010 at 12:52 pm (#)

Oh, wow. This is just crazy! I do remember, at some point, seeing a bronze sculpture of Britney Spears, maybe in labor or something? Am I losing my mind, or was that a meme a few years back?

October 7th, 2010 at 2:22 pm (#)

Wow Maya, I was lucky enough to miss that one – YUCK!

7. liza says:

October 11th, 2010 at 8:40 pm (#)

I agree about the Macy Gray being next up… how hilarious is that?!

8. Nicole says:

October 12th, 2010 at 11:54 am (#)

I definitely saw that, too and had to show my husband. We laughed and laughed! A few summers ago, we received free tickets to a Michael Bolton concert and went for the hell of it and it was a decent time. Not very crowded and he had a lot of lady fans :)

October 12th, 2010 at 12:55 pm (#)

Nicole, I did that for a Manhattan Transfer concert once – free tix to great seats. Lots of “yabadapdapdapdap shoobydoowahhhhhh” it was hilarious.