Monday, June 28th, 2010

Inspiration Monday: Yellow, White, and Touches of Gray

9 Comments » | Published in Color Palettes, Inspiration Boards  |  9 Comments

This week Lindsey and I were talking about yellow, gray and white as our color palette inspiration. Yellow, black and white has long been a favorite color combination of mine, but lately I’ve been noticing a range of grays taking over, from soft light grays to pewter to charcoal. This softens everything up a bit. To ramp up the drama, replace all pewter grays with some shiny silver. Alright, I am passing the baton over to our product expert Lindsey, who will show us how to get the look.

1. Adele Young says:

June 28th, 2010 at 9:38 am (#)

I recently formed my own interior design company, and my logo is yellow, gray and white! I love how fresh and modern it looks. I have received MANY compliments.

June 28th, 2010 at 10:05 am (#)

Adele, shoot us a link to your logo – I bet it looks great and I want to see it! :)

3. Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy says:

June 28th, 2010 at 10:37 am (#)

I love that colour combination! Check out this nursery that I just posted about on my blog and guess what the colours are?? Yellow, white and gray!! http://www.whatsupwhimsy.com/2010/06/yellow-and-gray-nursery-tour.html

4. Jennae @ Green Your Decor says:

June 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm (#)

This is the color palette in my master bedroom (including a few shots of silver) and I LOVE it! http://www.greenyourdecor.com/4341/before-and-after-master-bedroom-finally/

It is easily my favorite combination of colors — although gray is my favorite neutral and it pairs well with almost anything :)

5. visualingual says:

June 28th, 2010 at 2:02 pm (#)

This is one of my favorite color combinations ever!

6. Adele Young says:

June 29th, 2010 at 5:32 am (#)

I am currently working on my website which will showcase the new and improved logo. Unfortunately right now I only have a placeholder which you can see at http://www.vdlinteriors.com
    I’ll let you know when the website goes live :)

June 29th, 2010 at 8:17 am (#)

Jannae, I love it!

Adele, that looks fantastic. I love the gray background with the yellow type! Thanks for sharing!

8. Keska George @ KG Style says:

June 30th, 2010 at 5:44 am (#)

Funny, you should mention this color palette!
    I’m working on a bathroom design with this very color palette!

It works! I think grey and yellow make such a nice combination!
    Very relaxing – definitely something you wouldn’t mind seeing every time you go into your bathroom!

9. Inspiration Board: Yellow, White and Gray Bedroom :: Hatch: The Design Public® Blog says:

July 7th, 2010 at 6:52 am (#)

[...] week, Becky posted her yellow, white and gray inspiration board and mentioned that we’re both big fans of the color palette. Here’s my follow-up [...]