Thursday, February 11th, 2010

Bachelor Plaid Wallpaper on “Cougartown”

11 Comments » | Published in Set Decoration  |  11 Comments

The first sitcom on network TV that I have actually chuckled over in a long time is ABC’s Cougartown. The set design is rather brilliant, and I love the context of Graham and Brown’s Marcel Wanders-designed Audrey wallpaper in the hunky neighbor’s bachelor pad. I thought I’d share it with you, though I don’t know a lot of bachelors who have purple curtains:

photos via my television, which was on ABC

Filed under Set Decoration  |  11 Comments

1. Tall kamal says:

February 11th, 2010 at 11:25 am (#)

What about “Modern Family?” Which comes on right before Cougartown on ABC. That should definitely get a chuckle or two…

February 11th, 2010 at 1:38 pm (#)

Hey Tall, everyone who has the same taste in TV keeps telling me to try that show, but I can’t stand that Sophia woman!

3. liza says:

February 12th, 2010 at 8:27 am (#)

Is that Courtney Cox? She looks different… :(

February 12th, 2010 at 1:55 pm (#)

Yeah, I think she looks good though. She’s REALLY funny on this show.

5. Leaca says:

February 17th, 2010 at 10:32 am (#)

I guess you are right…this is the first really great sitcom in a long time. I record it and watch it when I walk on the treadmill and time just flies by.

6. Home Design Los Angeles says:

February 17th, 2010 at 11:16 am (#)

Cool checkered wallpaper.
    With the purple curtains.. uhm.. I don’t wanna say it .. lol..
    Pretty well maintained for a bachelor.
    Gosh, I missed TV a lot..
    Well, Courtney Cox definitely knows how to get people hooked to TV.
    The tandem of Julie, Laurie and Ellie, they pack a great deal of laughter and a hint of poshness.

7. Sam says:

April 16th, 2010 at 1:43 pm (#)

I agree Courteney does look different but different good, it has been a while. The show keeps getting funnier, as a bachelor I would live there.

8. archie d'amico says:

July 3rd, 2010 at 8:54 pm (#)

I’m the set decorator on COUGAR TOWN. Grayson’s “bachelor pad” curtains are dark blue, not purple, although they have a purplish hue in the photo above,

9. archie d'amico says:

July 3rd, 2010 at 8:56 pm (#)

Grayson’s house interior magically “changes’ in the final two episodes of Season One. We expanded the set but tried to keep it similar.

July 4th, 2010 at 8:52 am (#)

Archie, I worship you! I love the way you have designed the sets on Cougartown, from Ellie’s pink and green girly house to Jules’s barstools and bathroom to the land boat to her teenage son’s room. I haven’t seen sets tell so much about the characters since Mad Men – they are brilliant!

I would love to do an interview on the blog sometime if you are interested!

11. debi mokhlessin says:

July 27th, 2010 at 4:38 pm (#)

archie what a wonderful set design! it is so light and airy, with a great ambiance! I’m crazy about the shell lamps in living rm , anyway you can tell me where to get them, i’ve searched everywhere!