Tuesday, February 9th, 2010

Dream Loft Real Estate (Atlanta)

6 Comments » | Published in Curb Appeal, Real estate  |  6 Comments

I was dropping stuff off at the Salvation Army on the West Side of Midtown Atlanta last week (yup, my effort to avoid winding up on Hoarders continues – this was from attic crawl space number three) and I found myself completely taken by Allied Factory Lofts. As I stopped to take a picture, I noticed that one of the units was for sale. While I live in a cottage in town on a postage stamp lot, I sometimes dream of going more urban and moving into a loft. Not one of those brand new high rises that calls itself a loft building, but a true Flashdance-esque converted warehouse or factory. This place is a 2 bedroom/2 bath that has been super glammed up, and when I picked up the flyer, it was priced just under $300K:

I cannot even imagine how much this place would cost if it were in NYC! Anyway, if you are interested, the West Side is becoming very artsy and cool (salvage yards meet high end design shops, artist studios meet dive blues bars), and you can find out the details about it here.

1. visualingual says:

February 10th, 2010 at 10:10 am (#)

I don’t want to be a hater, but… That nighttime photography is probably preventing the space from looking as open as it really is. The yellow light makes these photos look vintage, and the spaces seem a bit dingy. I see very few windows, which may be accurate, or maybe the photos just don’t represent the space well. Lastly, the spiral staircase in the bedroom is a fail. WTF?

Other than that, the building looks really cool from the outside!

February 10th, 2010 at 3:27 pm (#)

Maya, I’m with you on the lighting. It’s so tough to get interiors right. I was wondering if the place is two stories or if the stairs go up to the roofdeck? I still LOVE this building though!

3. Jennifer says:

February 16th, 2010 at 10:14 am (#)

Look at the broker’s full virtual tour, it answers some of your questions and shows a lot more of the unit. While some of the decor choices would not have been mine, I think it is fabu. NEVER in my price range in DC.

4. Nick says:

February 16th, 2010 at 11:54 am (#)

So, right, these aren’t professional photographs, I’m in agreement. The bedroom is particularly poorly lit and shot, and that amazing garden is sadly flat.

Having said that, coming from Chicago, it’s breathtaking that this is available for just under 300k. Makes me cry, the kinds of creative options that are available out there…

5. KD says:

February 16th, 2010 at 12:44 pm (#)

I’m gonna go look for this place tomorrow.

February 16th, 2010 at 1:49 pm (#)

KD, please let me know how it goes! I did notice a lot of noise from lord knows what nearby, and I think it was right near a train track, so lack of windows might be a good thing! That area is really taking off though – I love going over to the West Side, and you’re really close to IKEA over there!