Wednesday, November 25th, 2009

This is Just Awesome: Spiral Staircase Slide

11 Comments » | Published in Architecture  |  11 Comments

I just spied these stairs on Tumblr and while I figure they have probably been making the blog rounds lately, I had to post them anyway. I want them! You can tell how fun they are by the suit’s face:

tumblr_ksyk0nROgL1qzz7nxo1_500

They are by Rodney Miller. When Googling around trying to find out more, I found another fun, probably slightly more practical staircase via Cookie Magazine (via Gizmodo):

hosl01_green_house

Filed under Architecture  |  11 Comments

1. Chris Hoskin says:

November 26th, 2009 at 11:24 am (#)

you seen this video clip of stairs and slides @Google UK

2. Chris Hoskin says:

November 26th, 2009 at 11:29 am (#)

Sorry, Google Zurich

3. visualingual says:

November 26th, 2009 at 2:00 pm (#)

Wow, I really want the spiral staircase slide, too!

November 26th, 2009 at 2:37 pm (#)

Maya, it would work in your place!

Chris, Oh my god, that is funny! I feel like I’ve seen a parody of this, or it’s a parody of itself. Stephen Glass wrote a story where he was an employee at a wacky tech firm during the internet boom, complete with Foosball and shoulder rubs. Of course, he made up almost all if not all of his stories, so it actually never happened.

I think if I walked into an office and saw gondolas and slides I would run really fast in the other direction! Ping pong’s another story…

5. Avelina Marshall says:

December 1st, 2009 at 5:47 am (#)

hahaha very impressive and entertaining stairs…. Besides jokes its really helpful in taking luggage from upstairs to down stairs other than people sliding down lolzz… Impressive

6. Home Builder Los Angeles says:

December 1st, 2009 at 3:03 pm (#)

Is this for real? I mean, this is really funny. I’ve just seen this in comedy films and playhouses. I’ve never imagined that it will be used in real houses. I like the one from Cookie magazine; it’s modern and still looks good even if the concept of it is like a parody of staircases. This type of staircases is great to use when you’re in hurry for school or for a meeting. Now, that’s really funny yet practical. In addition, this can also be a playing area for the kids.

7. Soothing Company says:

September 19th, 2011 at 5:16 pm (#)

not sure what I love more the design idea or the look on that guys face in the first photo. Fun idea though, perfect for kids and those adults who want to have fun!

8. Friday Joviality « Borrowed Words says:

October 14th, 2011 at 4:05 pm (#)

[...] someone was giving these out, I’d take one. Thanks to Design Public for posting this (and to my wife for finding it via [...]

9. Take the Stairs « Design Chalk says:

March 7th, 2012 at 5:48 am (#)

[...] 1, Picture 2, Picture 3, Picture 4, Picture 5, Picture 6, Picture 7 and 8 Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailDiggLike this:LikeBe the [...]

10. Spiral Stair says:

November 19th, 2012 at 10:25 am (#)

These are awesome. I would love to have a spiral stair/slide in my home. It would be great fun and exercise.

11. Ella says:

November 7th, 2013 at 2:45 pm (#)

wow!! mom I broke my arm LOL