Wednesday, November 11th, 2009

Trend Watch: Sawhorse Table Legs

5 Comments » | Published in Design Magazines, Design Press, Design on the Web, furniture  |  5 Comments

O.K., so these table legs from Home Depot are not all that sexy. However, ever since I admired Priscilla Locke’s studio a few weeks ago I have had them on the brain:

from The Locker

My cryptic notes on this picture source say “colombe steven via destoinsp” This means I swiped it from Desire to Inspire, but I’m not sure about the rest. Let me know if you can help me clarify!

My notes here:francesca harris sunset WS. I think I’ve decoded it – photographer name, magazine (Sunset) and WS means “Work Space”!

From Living etc.

Notes here: “cordelia de castellane ws hg” House & Garden?

from Natural Curiosities

from Living etc.

from Nate Berkus

Here are a few cuter cheap versions if you want to try the look out yourself. The yellow one is from Home Depot, and the silver ones are from Lowe’s.

1. Kitty Sheehan says:

November 11th, 2009 at 8:37 pm (#)

So cool! This idea never gets old. I must say I think I like Nate’s glass idea the best.
    Good job on the research!

2. Sally says:

November 11th, 2009 at 10:58 pm (#)

LOVE it. One of my current work spaces (that I’m converting *back* into a dining room) has my work table in it, and it’s supported by sawhorses. I love the look, so industrial + practical + visually interesting. CITIZEN:Citizen still puts out my favorite ones, though. They’re gold!

3. visualingual says:

November 12th, 2009 at 6:38 am (#)

We have a pair of those yellow/orange sawhorses, and the color is awesome! They’re really sturdy, too, without looking too industrial.

4. Mandi says:

November 12th, 2009 at 6:55 am (#)

We have this table, totally affordable and looks great.

5. Avelina Marshall says:

November 13th, 2009 at 4:02 am (#)

these sawhorse table legs are much stronger than single legs. Its really supportive and can handle many heavy objects too.