Wednesday, October 14th, 2009

Green Product of the Week

5 Comments » | Published in Green Design  |  5 Comments

Some of you youngsters may never have seen one of these before. It’s called a rake. Before everyone looked like Ghostbusters and blasted the neighborhood peace away with their stupid, gas-guzzling, obnoxious leaf blowers (thanks neighbor across the backyard, who was leaf blowing THE WOODS for AN HOUR in the THE RAIN first thing this morning – idiot!), there were these things called rakes. You scrape the ground with them and they gather the leaves. Then, instead of blowing the leaves either (a) deeper into the woods (b) into the neighbors’ yard so that they can blow them back in a few days or (c) into the street to clog the gutters, you can gather the leaves into this thing called A COMPOST PILE or you can put them in PAPER LEAF BAGS and put them by the street so that the city can pick them up for mulching for these places called PARKS.

You can find these mysterious implements at places like Ace Hardware, Target, WalMart, Lowe’s, hell, CVS probably even has them this time of year. Let me know how it goes.

Filed under Green Design  |  5 Comments

1. Lindsey says:

October 14th, 2009 at 11:03 am (#)

I love this post!

2. SFSlug says:

October 14th, 2009 at 12:50 pm (#)

Hurray! I HATE those leaf blowers, I didn’t realize I wasn’t alone in my disgust of those backpack gas guzzlers. Bravo!

October 14th, 2009 at 1:03 pm (#)

There is a constant cacophony of them in my neighborhood all day long, every freaking day, no matter the time of year! It drives me bananas!

4. Shanon says:

October 14th, 2009 at 1:10 pm (#)

ARGH! I so agree with you, I hate them too! They honestly should be illegal. There are laws against lesser things than the evils of leaf blowers. And using a rake causes another happy side effect… a little known thing called exercise. ; )

October 14th, 2009 at 1:17 pm (#)

Can we start a grassroots movement to get rid of them?

True Confessions: Whenever I see someone making a big pile of them in the road, I drive through the middle of it as fast as I can, then check out the effect in the rearview and laugh evilly. It’s awesome. Yes, I know I’m an a-hole. And no, I don’t care that they are just doing their job.