Monday, September 14th, 2009

Ali’s Bathroom Makeover

Ali

Posted by Ali | View all posts by Ali
11 Comments » | Published in Bathrooms, Color Palettes, Real Rooms, Renovation, Small Spaces  |  11 Comments

This past Labor Day I proposed the question to my significant other, “Signifcant other, what would you like to do this holiday weekend?” His answer: “Complete our bathroom makeover.” So we did. ***disclaimer: we like the color white.

Our bathroom had been quite a sore sight…pea green walls, a sink that was cracked and looked a bit like a urinal, a tub with chipped paint, no storage…overall blahness. The ultimate low was storing our bathroom goodies in tupperware containers or plastic bags on the floor under the sink.

So, starting with the sink area we redesigned the space to provide maximum storage within a small corner of the room. The walls were painted white, a new towel hanger was installed and the tub was painted black (this part was done some time ago).

Finally, all of our orphaned toiletries have a home and I can brush my teeth with a peaceful state of mind.

About Ali

I enjoy wood paneled station wagons, German food and senior citizens (I am 80 years old at heart). Nearly every weekend I am taking photos at other people's weddings and I have a blog of my own (but I don't update it often enough). I love to paint, sew and knit. Check out my DP Staff profile on Hatch.

1. Lindsey says:

September 15th, 2009 at 4:56 am (#)

Ali, you rock! That looks fantastic!!

2. Maggie says:

September 15th, 2009 at 8:30 am (#)

I love it! I’m totally impressed that Cooper installed a new sink! But it looks marvelous.

3. greybreaks says:

September 15th, 2009 at 9:00 am (#)

love this makeover.

September 15th, 2009 at 9:11 am (#)

Congrats, it looks great! I’m giggling over the “urinal”!

Side Note: I have a black and white clawfoot just like yours! Please submit to the pathetic clawfoot tubs group I keep trying to get going on flickr:

becky

5. Nicolette says:

September 15th, 2009 at 10:28 am (#)

The makeover is a success. I’m amazed at how it looks now compared to before. I’m very impressed.

6. brittney thomas says:

September 15th, 2009 at 1:39 pm (#)

good read

7. Alicia says:

September 16th, 2009 at 9:34 am (#)

Hi! Where did you get the sink? I’ve been toying with a bathroom remodel myself and have been looking for a rectangular sink like that!

8. Ali says:

September 16th, 2009 at 10:40 am (#)

Thanks for all the nice words guys! Alicia…the sink is actually from IKEA!! They fairly recently came out with a new line of bathroom sinks/faucets. I’m happy/shocked to say that really impressed with the quality of the product.

9. Lori says:

September 16th, 2009 at 11:53 am (#)

Beautiful. Where did you find the towel hanger? We need something similar for our very teeny guest bathroom.

10. Ali says:

September 18th, 2009 at 8:50 am (#)

Hey Lori, we actually made the towel hanger. Just a nice piece of walnut and some hangers fixtures! Cheap and easy.

Ali

11. Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh says:

September 30th, 2009 at 4:39 pm (#)

1 millions times better! lol