Friday, August 7th, 2009

Flickr Faves on Fridays

6 Comments » | Published in Color Palettes, Design Press, Flickr, Fresh New Design, Other Blogs, Thrifty Design Ideas, Vintage Looks, Vintage Modern, furniture, modern inspiration  |  6 Comments

Through our Fresh New Spaces Group today I found flickr member Liz and Mabel’s steal of a mid-century sleeper sofa, found on craigslist for $65:

DSC03700

By the way, love the outfit, the pooch, and that aqua mini-gourd lamp too!

I absolutely love this lady’s smashing style! After perusing the Liz and Mabel flickr sets I found Mabel’s House blog, and I am absolutely smitten with her trips, photography, entertaining and fresh writing. Also, this woman has got a real eye for transforming forgotten furniture pieces with colorful paint. For example, I love this big blue mirror project:

I love the pops of turquoise all over this home. Here’s one more, check out the rest here:
DSC01240

1. Liz says:

August 7th, 2009 at 12:46 pm (#)

Thank you SO much Becky!

August 7th, 2009 at 2:25 pm (#)

Thank you Liz! Love the blog and your style!

3. Cindy says:

August 8th, 2009 at 10:46 am (#)

It is so nice to see Liz featured! Her blog is one of my favorites! Thanks for doing this feature.

August 8th, 2009 at 11:28 am (#)

Cindy, I can’t believe I am just now discovering it – I love flickr for that. I love her voice and her writing style. I tend not to actually read a lot of blogs, I scroll through the pics when I’m in a hurry, but with her I want to read every word!

5. Holly says:

August 8th, 2009 at 1:44 pm (#)

Yay! Mabel’s House is THE ONLY blog I check daily.

6. deidra says:

August 10th, 2009 at 6:32 am (#)

And the woman can write! Mabel’s House is one of my very favorites!