Thursday, June 4th, 2009

Flickr Faves on Fridays

8 Comments » | Published in Flickr  |  8 Comments

I’m going to try and do a few of these little flickr posts one at a time today. I’ve been catching up on some of marking some faves from our Fresh New Spaces flickr group. Here’s the first. I love this dining room from white owl remade’s photostream.

dining room

I thought the only thing I might add to it would be wallpaper, and then I saw this note by the picture:

my dining room… I keep thinking of wallpaper, but then I’m such a fan of white walls…

I suggest this lovely print as seen in Wyoming99!’s photostream:

wall paper detail

Here is a larger shot of the print:

new wallpaper

Do you think it will work? Do you have any other favorite prints that would work with that lovely black and white dining room? Do you know where that soapdish came from in the last photo? I love it!

Filed under Flickr  |  8 Comments

1. christina says:

June 4th, 2009 at 9:26 pm (#)

Thanks for the thumbs up on my dining room! I love your choice of wallpaper…so gorgeous! o.k., I think I might be sold on the idea of wallpaper now. BTW, I LOVE that soapdish too!

2. wyoming99! says:

June 5th, 2009 at 7:07 am (#)

Thanks for the shoutout. The paper is Osborne & Little, not sure which collection but several years old. And the soapdish is from Anthropolgie.

June 5th, 2009 at 8:58 am (#)

Thank you for adding your shots to the group! I found out from Wyoming99! that it is a paper from Osbourne and Little. I could also see Obi, Flora, or Vines & Flowers from Walnut Wallpaper looking good:

or Cavern Home’s Blackbird that we have here:

or Graham and Brown’s Hemingway Rose:

I have so much trouble committing to wallpaper. I always say I want it, but I’ve never hung so much as one roll in a closet so far!

4. christina says:

June 5th, 2009 at 9:54 am (#)

Ooh! More fantastic choices! I’ve been kind of afraid to commit when it comes to wallpaper too because I had to take so much down when we bought our house. Back then I told my husband I would never wallpaper anything and we both cursed wallpaper in general. I am so tempted though!

~Christina

5. becky says:

June 5th, 2009 at 9:57 am (#)

I got scared by the fact that I planned on using Cole & Sons “Woods” but was too disorganized to make it happen. I’m so relieved, because since then, it’s EVERYWHERE, and often used really badly. I’ve noticed Vines and Flowers all over the place, but I still love it! I’m still too disorganized and commitmentphobic to make the jump. I’m also afraid about all the trial-and-error nailholes I make for art and the irreparable damage I will do!

6. christina says:

June 5th, 2009 at 11:38 am (#)

Exactly! I loved “Woods” too and now it’s everywhere, plus I am always changing stuff around…thus, the white walls! *sigh* I was thinking of making framed removable panels of wallpaper though. I think I saw that in Domino and it looked lovely!

June 5th, 2009 at 11:42 am (#)

That’s a great idea! I wish more wallpaper companies would come up with easier-to-remove options! I suppose decals are starting to fill this void.

8. christina says:

June 10th, 2009 at 3:46 pm (#)

Becky, I found the peacock soap dish at Urban Outfitters online. I just couldn’t get it out of my head, it’s too cool. I think I’ll go buy it now :)

~Christina