Wednesday, May 6th, 2009

A Black Clawfoot Tub, Ali’s Before and After

Ali

Posted by Ali | View all posts by Ali
12 Comments » | Published in Bathrooms, DIY, General  |  12 Comments

My boyfriend might kick me in the shins for posting this, but I have to share our most recent bathroom before and after project. We have a very very small bathroom with an old old clawfoot tub. I love the vintage look of our tub but without a doubt it needed a little tlc. So, we patched some holes and brought out the black paint…

Here is the before:

Ali\'s tub

The transformation process:

The after!

Amazing the difference a little dab of black paint can make. She’s a beauty again!

About Ali

I enjoy wood paneled station wagons, German food and senior citizens (I am 80 years old at heart). Nearly every weekend I am taking photos at other people's weddings and I have a blog of my own (but I don't update it often enough). I love to paint, sew and knit. Check out my DP Staff profile on Hatch.

Filed under Bathrooms, DIY, General  |  12 Comments

1. sally says:

May 6th, 2009 at 1:43 pm (#)

Wow! Absolutely beautiful!

2. Lucille says:

May 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm (#)

Wow Ali! Looks Great! Love clawfoot tubs. Soak it up!

3. jo says:

May 6th, 2009 at 2:54 pm (#)

it looks amazing! well done!

4. sweetdreams says:

May 6th, 2009 at 3:02 pm (#)

Ali- it’s so beautiful- you did such a great job!
    I’m a big fan of freestanding tubs, particularly the Clawfoot type. Here is my mini collection:

5. AmyAnne says:

May 6th, 2009 at 8:04 pm (#)

That is sweeeet! And very inspirational. Gotta love black paint.

6. Lindsay C. says:

May 6th, 2009 at 8:30 pm (#)

It looks so great!! I love the color black…most love light, airy and white…I tend to go towards black!! We are about to paint our teeny, tiny bathroom dark, dark brown!

Great job!!

7. Cathy says:

May 7th, 2009 at 5:44 am (#)

Does the paint have a matte finish? Fabulous project and what results!

8. ali says:

May 7th, 2009 at 10:03 am (#)

Thanks for all the positive feedback, folks! Cathy, yes, it is a matte finish. Unfortunately the black matte soaks up so much of the light that it was hard to get a better shot showing more detail…I suppose I should have used a flash on my camera.

9. Molly McCarthy says:

May 10th, 2009 at 8:13 pm (#)

Stunning. Most people wouldn’t be brave enough to paint a tub – love it!

May 10th, 2009 at 8:54 pm (#)

OH my god Ali, we have almost the exact same tub! I love it, and yes, I admit, I am biased!

I keep trying to start a clawfoot tubs fan group on flickr, but so far, not so many…

11. Boston Bachelorette Parties says:

May 11th, 2009 at 9:11 am (#)

Amazing restoration. Black paint fixes all!

12. royal creme says:

May 11th, 2009 at 4:28 pm (#)

You have really returned this tub to what it was supposed to be. I am sure your BF will not kick you in the shins, as I am sure you must have thanked him profusely for his beautiful work…