Thursday, April 30th, 2009

Real Housewives of NYC Renovations

7 Comments » | Published in Renovation  |  7 Comments

I try to sheild my Hatch readers from my obsessions of reality television and pop culture, but in case a few of you are in the closet about your Real Housewives viewing habits like my brother Clark is, I did a few posts about the recent renovations some of the cast members completed this year.

For Jill Zarin’s Foo Dog Explosion Renovation, click here.

For Alex and Simon’s Gothic Bordello Renovation, click here.

Filed under Renovation  |  7 Comments

1. Ellen says:

April 30th, 2009 at 8:19 am (#)

yikes! both places look like overdone hotels. They’re too loud for me and they don’t look personal. I think that’s the problem with trying to do a room all at once… you need to take your time and pick pieces you really love

2. becky says:

April 30th, 2009 at 9:06 am (#)

I know. And Brad was involved in both. He needs to heed Diana Vreeland’s advice and take it ten steps further – before you leave the house, take off one thing. He needs to take off about ten things, on his outfits and his decorating creations.

3. Brooke Schreier Ganz says:

April 30th, 2009 at 3:05 pm (#)

Jill’s redone apartment was featured in the last month or so in one of the lower-level decorating magaiznes — “Before and After”, I think, or something like that.

I played “spot the Jonathan Adler product” in every photo.

4. becky says:

April 30th, 2009 at 3:07 pm (#)

Hey Brooke – it was Traditional Home. It looks better in print!

becky

5. ejw says:

May 1st, 2009 at 2:25 am (#)

Sorry, but all their taste is in their mouths. Having bucks doesn’t necessarily mean one will have a handsome abode. The designer shouldn’t be allowed back into any home until he goes back to school or to a Buddhist monastery to find the meaning of restraint. And, yes, I watch them as well. It’s my dirty little secret shared by millions! But why do most of them look like hookers?

6. becky says:

May 1st, 2009 at 4:29 am (#)

ejw, I do find the decor HILARIOUS! Just wait until they start New Jersey!

Ellen, I don’t know why anyone tries to decorate all at once.

Brooke, I feel like I play spot the Adler in about every room I see these days. Admittedly, his stuff is all over my house. My favorite is the Camaro needlepoint pillow.

becky

7. COCOCOZY says:

May 5th, 2009 at 11:56 pm (#)

Why try to shield readers from reality t.v. obsession? Think of it as a guilty pleasure. The decor in these homes is amusing as the Real Housewives of New York show!

Coco of Cococozy (http://www.cococozy.com)