Thursday, March 12th, 2009

Lights Up! Gets Some Apartment Therapy Love

6 Comments » | Published in Design Press, DP Designer Posts, House Tours, lighting, New York, Other Blogs  |  6 Comments

I have absolutely no time to read all my favorite blogs this week and construct a post with my favorite links, but I was excited to see the Meridian Pendant in mumm by Lights Up! receive some AT love the other day. I originally bought this lamp for my own home at DRTC here in Atlanta, and when Drew, a founder of Design Public came to visit, I showed it to him and told him we simply must find out the vendor and carry it at DP. That was years ago, and the graphic prints of the Lights Up! fixtures are still going strong.

In following the AT Before/After story of the Lights Up! owners Nick and Kate (photographed above), I followed the trail to another favorite blog, Door Sixteen. Apparently, Nick and Kate inquired about the pendant lamp they spied in Door Sixteen’s New Years Eve Party Post, which is this lovely piece from another favorite of mine, Mibo. The uber-renovators over at Door Sixteen led Nick and Kate over to Design Public, where they eventually picked out their mumm Meridian Pendant Lamp.

I’m starting to feel like Elaine on Seinfeld typing all of these exclamation points. When I actually take the time to edit my own posts (which is, ah, ahem, not that often, usually after I’ve posted and read it live and say “oh crud, this post is a disaster.”), I find myself cutting out exclamation point after exclamation point, so you are kind of killing me right now, Lights Up!(!!!)!

Nick and Kate’s photos swiped from Apartment Therapy Boston

Door Sixteen photos swiped from Door Sixteen’s Apartment Therapy House Tour – you MUST check this out if you haven’t already! Door Sixteen hit my radar during The Homies blog contest; it’s an excellent renovation and design blog, and the photography rocks.

1. Anna @ D16 says:

March 12th, 2009 at 5:55 am (#)

Hey, it’s nice to know that I indirectly helped someone find the right lamp for their house! :)

The Mibo pendant was actually one of the first new things we picked out after we bought our house 3 years ago. It was my first experience with Design Public, and the customer service was amazing – the first pendant I received was damaged, and within days a replacement arrived (and I didn’t even have to ship back the bad one!). As goofy as it might sound (and as much as I feel like I’m writing ad copy, speaking of Seinfeld), having such a good experience made me feel really positive about my new house after having gone through a rather treacherous closing process.

And I still love it. :)

2. becky says:

March 12th, 2009 at 10:08 am (#)

Hi Anna! Thanks so much for your nice words! Mibo was one of our very first vendors, and I still love their products – they never seem to go out of style! I’m glad you had such a good experience w/ Design Public. I’ve loved watching you renovate your house and I love your blog! There I go with the !!!s again!

elaine a.k.a. becky

3. Logo Design Guru says:

March 13th, 2009 at 7:57 am (#)

Lighting can really add a huge effect to the look of a room. It’s fun to play around with the look of lights and furniture.

4. Apartments says:

April 4th, 2009 at 6:52 pm (#)

I love that light above the table. We have no overheads lights in our main room, but have added 3 lights all around the outside and it helps, but that overhead light there would really do the trick. Plus it’s tres chic!

5. Logo design services says:

May 5th, 2009 at 2:24 am (#)

Use of light! it is an art because light represents life means it covers all mode of life, we create all types of enviroment in room or house by using light like romantic, sad, happy, natural etc.

6. meg says:

August 17th, 2012 at 9:29 pm (#)

Love the look of this apartment.