Thursday, January 29th, 2009

The City: Olivia Palermo’s Pad

7 Comments » | Published in Design TV, fashion, Real Rooms, Small Spaces  |  7 Comments

Since Ali went there and admitted to watching The Real World yesterday, I figured I’d just go there and admit that I watch Whitney Port navigate The City on a weekly basis. The hilariously cold and snobbish “social” Olivia Palermo has a pretty sweet pad. I equate plopping a Hermes logo tray to wearing a T-shirt that says “J’adore Dior,” or me pinning my Ralph Lauren Polo tags to my bulletin board when I was eleven, but this room is pretty nice. I certainly would not let that cousin of hers put his dirty nasty self anywhere near the white John Robshaw pillows, but since those have been available on The Home Shopping Network she should probably pitch them anyway. What kind of trust fund princess with a fake job at DVF would be caught dead with goods that are readily available to the masses?

Also on The City, two random chicks no one cares about gossip about making out while perched in big Kelly Wearstler chairs at Bergdorf’s…

images are screen shots from mtv.com

1. Linzerella says:

January 30th, 2009 at 9:41 am (#)

Oh God …. Olivia Palermo. Don’t you think she is the Spencer Pratt of The City? That aside, her pad is pretty sweet – but she’s just too snotty for me to appreciate it. I also love Erin’s apartment in Gramercy … very nice!

2. becky says:

January 30th, 2009 at 9:45 am (#)

Great Analogy! Spencer Pratt’s last name is so fitting! I LOVED the other day when Whitney started to tell Olivia some drama like she was in the Teen Vogue closet with L.C., and Olivia said “too much information…we’re not in high school…” I completely cracked up.

Olivia was at the W Buckhead opening here in Atlanta recently. I love that these reality people have “careers” of showing up at events!

3. kitpollard says:

February 2nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm (#)

OK – I’m just so glad you admitted pinning Polo tags to your bulletin board when you were younger. I was ALL ABOUT that…I might even still have some of them. I’m such a packrat.

4. nicole says:

February 7th, 2009 at 9:11 pm (#)

I like Olivia. She doesn’t get wrapped up in the drama. I expected more from Whitney. She seemed so level headed in The Hills, but in The City she lets every little situation spin her around in circles.

5. dolce chic says:

February 23rd, 2009 at 8:42 pm (#)

I love her apartment! I agree…I would not let him put his shoes on my sofa either! lol

6. Jesse says:

March 2nd, 2009 at 10:27 pm (#)

Oliva Palermo should be ashamed. I can’t believe someone of her character works for Diane Von Furstenberg!! Everything a DFV woman isn’t!! If you are as disapointed as I am that DVF continues her employement, then share your thoughts with them at: humanresources@dvf.com

7. Richie rich says:

March 30th, 2009 at 6:59 pm (#)

I am so jealous of olivia, i know everyone hates her but she is rich, has an awesome job, a tv show, and the hottest pad, and the best style…that little tooth pick looks hot in everything she wears