Ah summer, I haven’t had the time to keep up with all of my favorite blogs in July at all, until this week. I must be every bloggers nightmare commenter during these times; I just can’t help myself, and some of the posts I am commenting on are no longer that active. Oh well, I’m just thankful that someone turned me onto Bloglines awhile back – it’s a real time saver and keeps me from missing posts from some of my favorites. Just in case you haven’t had the time either, I thought I’d show you a few of my favorite posts and semi-fresh news from the past week:
1) The New decor8! Holly Becker’s fabulous blog/extensive catalog of her finds has moved to a new site and she has joined us in WordPress world. You’re going to love it Holly! The site looks great and it’s super-easy to navigate.
3) Contest time! Dwell and Google have hatched a competition where you design and render a dwelling. Jonathan Adler and Point Click Home have teamed up for a Happy Chic competition. The prize is $2500 shopping “spree” at Jonathan Adler. I’m not sure if buying a portion of a sofa or one floor lamp is much of a spree, but I’d take it.
4) As if granite wasn’t becoming passe enough…is it full of radon gas? This past Tuesday, The New York Times told us not to fear plastic water bottles or cellphones, but perhaps they were trying to make it up to realtors and spec house builders for telling us granite countertops are chock full of radon on Sunday? Is this a conspiracy created by the recycled glass countertop manufacturers? Here’s another view.
5) The Great Open Shelves Debate over at Habitually Chic. My biggest complaint is dust. Even my friends who hang their wine glasses upside down in the open and use them all the time have to rinse them off after they take them down:
8) I read about one of Jennifer Dwyer of The Peak of Chic’s favorite websites in Elle Decor – it’s called librarything.com. Basically, you catalog your books, and you can peruse everyone else’s card catalogs at the same time. As soon as I get caught up on my blog reading, I’m there!
image credits: 1. decor8blog.com 2. Ginger Rivera via More Ways to Waste Time 3. jonathanadler.com 4. photo by Melanie Acevedo fro Domino 5. Our Planet Retreats via Inhabitat
Hi, I'm Becky. I live in Atlanta. Besides acting as the Editorial Director here on Hatch, you can find me talking design over at Houzz. Make me happy — leave a comment!