Wednesday, June 25th, 2008

Modern House Real Estate – Hollin Hills Gem

8 Comments » | Published in Architecture, Decorating Modern, House Tours, Photography, Preserving Modern Architecture, Real estate  |  8 Comments

Another dream home on the market. Lately I’ve been using up a lot of my time perusing modern houses on the internet. This one is incredible. It belongs to Erik Johnson, one of my favorite photographers (I’ve swiped his work from magazines for posts in this blog quite a few times). I love that this home is clean and uncluttered, but not sparse. It reminds me a bit of the modern house with a soul I featured a month or so ago.

Back in the ’40’s, architect Charles Goodman and developer Robert Davenport came together to design and build the Hollin Hills neighborhood in Alexandria Virginia.  I thought I’d share some of Erik’s photos of his home with you.  For more information and more photos, please click here.

all photos by Erik Johnson

1. Michael Sippey says:

June 26th, 2008 at 10:48 am (#)

What a beautiful house. Any idea whose paintings those are above the staircase in the living room?

June 26th, 2008 at 11:53 am (#)

I don’t know Michael, but I’ll forward your comment to Erik and see if he can let us know.

June 26th, 2008 at 3:58 pm (#)

Michael, Erik got right back to me:

Becky,

Funny, she is actually a good friend of mine, Julie Wolfe Here is her website. http://www.juliewolfedesign.com

She is actually an amazing jewelry designer who has been selling through the Barney’s stores for the past 10 years.

Erik

4. Rafael Montilla says:

July 1st, 2008 at 5:58 am (#)

It is a Dream House for me

5. Adam Wood says:

July 5th, 2008 at 12:19 pm (#)

That’s funny — I have that same couch with that same console table behind it.

6. Kathryn says:

July 6th, 2008 at 5:47 am (#)

Can you tell me where you found that mid-century modern sofa (w/ the tapered wood legs)?

7. Erik Johnson says:

July 6th, 2008 at 7:37 pm (#)

If you are talking about the sofa in the living room, I am glad you think it looks MCM. It is actually a Crate and Barrel sofa… I think it is discontinued. (craigslist) If you are referring to the low sectional with the very short tapered legs, that one came from the Salvation Army in Seattle about 15 years ago.

8. Hatch: The Design Public ® Blog » Blog Archive » Mourning the Lost Glossies says:

January 28th, 2009 at 12:41 pm (#)

[...] they hooked her up with the contractor, once after swiping a cabin feature they did I got to know Erik Johnson who tipped me off to some great fodder for posts. If you haven’t saved your issues like I [...]