Friday, July 6th, 2007

Color Palette: Yellow Black and White

10 Comments » | Published in Color Palettes, Decorating Modern, Design Books, Design Magazines, Design on the Web, Other Blogs, Yellow  |  10 Comments

cab-photo.png

Currently, I am totally obsessed with yellow, black and white, and I’m trying to accumulate the right objects in this palette for my own bedroom (the turquoise and red thing I had going on does not go with the blue walls in my new place, and lord knows I am not painting that room anytime soon). Many of my fellow bloggers have covered this palette before, but I thought I would try to get a nice collection of images together for you to enjoy:

Classic Vera Scarf via Style Court:

ybw-stycourt-via-design-watcher.jpg
from Another Shade of Grey:
richardgoldberg-via-grey.jpg

love this outfit spotted over on The Satorialist!:
kristin-rawson-via-satorialist.jpg

a painting spotted over at Domino:

from-abthings.jpg

from Anna over at Absolutely Beautiful Things:

abthings-black-spiro-display.jpg

via-ab-beaut-things-via-domino.jpg

(domino via absolutely beautiful things)

Kelly Wearstler, never afraid of a color and some bold moves:

kwid-ybw2.jpg

kwid-ybw3.jpg

kwid-ybw4.jpg

kwid-ybw1.jpg

from Vanessa over at Turquoise:

turq-bwyell.jpg

from MyModStyle blog via Absolutely Beautiful Things:

mymodstyleblog-via-anna.jpg

from Another Shade of Grey:

from-grey-via.jpg

A few from Domino’s online galleries:

from-domino-galleries.jpg

domino-raincoat-room.jpg

domino-color-bedroom.jpg

domino-best-of-flowers.jpg

from Ron Marvin via Absolutely Beautiful Things:

abthings-via-ron-marvin.jpg

from Albert Hadley:

albert-hadley-nymag.jpg

Click here for some “Yellow Chic” from Patricia Gray Interiors. Here are a few examples:

purple-area-via-patricia-gray.jpg

purple area via patricia gray interior design

colorama-via-patricia-gray.jpg

colorama via patricia gray interior design

Alright, I’m going to put it out there and show you what I have so far. Any suggestions for other things I should be adding? I am anxiously awaiting the yellow shelves I ordered from House Eclectic:

fxf01_thb.jpg

desk-w-dog.jpg

bed1.jpg

taxi photo at the top from flickr member triborough – check out his photos here, they are so great!

1. Anna says:

July 6th, 2007 at 5:49 pm (#)

Oh, thanks so much for the mention Becky – you certainly have a great round up of black and yellow images here!!!
    XO
    Anna

July 7th, 2007 at 7:24 pm (#)

Anna, I so wish Black and Spiro was down the street from me and not 11,000 miles away. I love what you’ve been doing with blue and white – your new wallpaper is to die for!

3. Jennifer says:

July 8th, 2007 at 2:49 pm (#)

I usually don’t like that color combo. It’s way too LOUD! But I guess if you use the right amount of yellow in the right tint, it could be okay. But I’ve heard that yellow is not a good color for a bedroom. It’s supposed to make people cranky. So be careful with the yellow. Not too much!

4. patricia gray says:

July 13th, 2007 at 7:52 pm (#)

Thanks for more Yellow Inspiration!!!! I love yellow. It is my favourite color.
    and the Albert Hadley picture I have never seen. Thanks for the post.

5. Mélanie says:

August 20th, 2007 at 6:07 am (#)

Yellow black and white will be the colors I will propose in the next remodeling bedroom I have to make …
    It is so chic ..
    Mélanie

6. Leslie says:

October 23rd, 2007 at 6:47 pm (#)

The painting of the lady with a polk-a-dot blouse, any idea where to find that?

7. patricia gray says:

January 11th, 2008 at 7:31 am (#)

How did the yellow shelves you ordered from House Eclectic turn out?

8. patricia gray says:

January 11th, 2008 at 7:32 am (#)

This comment is a little late, but how did the yellow shelves you ordered fron House Eclectic turn out??

January 11th, 2008 at 8:13 am (#)

They took forever, as H.E. was experiencing some growing pains after getting a lot of press and expanding from purely wholesale to retail, which is understandable, and they worked with me nicely on it. I love them, but I goofed, they are out of scale with the monstrous bed I bought, and I wished I’d ordered the larger size. My bed dwarfs them a bit, but that’s my own fault. They are really nice, better in person than the pictures; I’d recommend them.

10. Dovcor Bathrooms says:

October 6th, 2012 at 12:18 pm (#)

I know this post if 5 years old but it’s still relevant, even if just to teach those of us less versed in interior design about how important a colour pallet really is!