Thursday, July 5th, 2007

tiny houses

7 Comments » | Published in Architecture, Design Press, Design on the Web, Other Blogs, Small Spaces  |  7 Comments

In this time of Small Space, Big Style, have you ever checked out tiny houses? I stumbled upon it via black . white . bliss over the weekend and it’s a really fun site to peruse.  Here’s a charming little sample from their album:

eurekaspringsori.jpeg
Thanks to black . white. bliss and tinyhouses.net!

1. antoi says:

July 5th, 2007 at 2:45 pm (#)

my lord those houses are precious!

2. Stratos says:

July 6th, 2007 at 6:29 am (#)

This looks like it should be in Norway! You will not believe how many houses like this -only bigger – are there! I know USA wooden houses do come from Scandinavian heritage but this is amazing!

3. jhayne says:

July 10th, 2007 at 12:30 pm (#)

oh, you’re very welcome! thanks for the mention :)

4. Heath says:

July 17th, 2007 at 10:25 am (#)

I’ve just recently become aware of this concept and am fascinated by all the photos and desigs I have seen on the net. I used to think it inconcievable, for me, to live in something so small. (i never throw things away and have an antique collecting obsession) However, i do think i could get used to this!

5. Janet says:

June 21st, 2008 at 7:23 am (#)

I’m ready to build on my lake lot and I want to accomodate my three grown children when they visit (and numerous other relatives) and still build small. The Norwegians are genius’s at doing this. Anybody know where I can get plans?

6. Elizabeth says:

December 22nd, 2008 at 8:45 am (#)

Hi there! Thanks for encouraging the coverage of these great tiny homes. I linked to your post on the I’On Group blog here: http://www.iongroup.com/blog/small-homes-that-rock/

Happy Holidays!

7. How Small Were Our Spaces | ReadyMade Magazine says:

October 1st, 2009 at 12:19 pm (#)

[...] gingerbread house from Design Public; black & white image from Living Small] var addthis_pub = ”; var addthis_language = ‘en’;var [...]